PLEASE NOTE THIS PAGE IS ALREADY OUT OF DATE – IT WILL BE UPDATED SHORTLY
THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (Phil 4:4-7)
This page describes how we will be minimising the risk of spread of the COVID-19 virus during our services in the Benefice. It draws on the guidance issued by the Government and the Church of England. All our Sunday and midweek services will continue, following the normal pattern.
Please stay at home if you have any symptoms of the virus or if you are concerned about your own vulnerability or that of someone else close to you.
At the moment, we will apply the following precautions at all our services:
- Everyone will be invited to use hand sanitiser, where it is available, on entering the building and before leaving, or wash hands thoroughly.
- Everyone actively involved in the service will be scrupulous with hand hygiene, especially those involved in the preparation and distribution of communion and in the service of drinks afterwards.
- Hymn books and service sheets may be collected from the table on the way in, they will not be handed out. Please return them to the table at the end of the service.
- We should avoid shaking hands or other physical contact.
- We should each give each other a little extra space during and after the service.
- We should avoid any physical contact during the Peace, instead using the British Sign Language sign for ‘peace’.
- During Communion we will not be using the chalice and receive the bread only (known as ‘receiving in one kind’).
- We will receive the bread standing up, so as to minimise contact with the altar rail.
- We will not pass round a collection bag but gifts can be left in the plate by the door, or you can give on-line, either directly or through the website.
- We will be serving coffee and tea afterwards, but no food. Drinks will be served by one individual who will add the milk as required to coffee and tea.
- We will clean key surfaces and door handles before and after every service.
- Wherever possible sermons will be recorded and made available on the website under the Audio tab.
We are also offering to coordinate any requests for help, with those who are willing to offer help.
If you would like help, or know of someone who would, please contact one of the following:
Rev Pete Deaves – 852275
Howard Lilley – 852225
Rosie Croucher – 852415
If you would like to offer help please speak to one of the Churchwardens or click here to send us your details:
Joanna Beech – 852312
John Stansfeld – 852185